“ANIMALS & CRAFTS”Ages 5-10 years old
We will collage, decoupage, assemble, engineer, layer, cut, rip, blend, and bind all kinds of paper projects. We are going to stamp, stencil, glue. 2023 Maxtivity Spring Break Camp is a 5 day series of classes with a total of 10 structured projects and many opportunities for unstructured creative play at stations. Snack is included.
This is a fun educational program for children ages 5-10. pARTicipants will engage in creative activities related to animals, such as painting and sculpting, while learning about different species and habitats. The camp provides opportunities for children to develop their fine motor skills, creativity, and knowledge about the natural world. We believe art is for all!
PLEASE NOTE: Sessions are MONDAY – FRIDAY in AM and PM sessions. Sessions capped at 14 youth learners.
ACCEPTING MIDDLE SCHOOLER (11-14yo) VOLUNTEERS for AM and PM Sessions! email email@example.com.
was general $199 | pARTicipants $159
NOW general $167 | pARTicipants $127 (please email for checkout code)
Sessions:AM 8:30am – 12:00pmPM 1:00pm – 4:30pm
AM SESSION 8:30AM – 12:00PM:
Day 1 AM: Portrait of Me in the Ocean & Animal Scupltures
Day 2 AM: Stained Glass Paper Birds & Clay Paper Mache Monsters
Day 3 AM: Diamond Quilt with Oil Pastels & Easy Paper Mache Donuts
Day 4 AM: Cubism Cat & Dog Sculptures & Paper Mache Fruit
Day 5 AM: Painted Life-size Silhouettes & Creative Brain Collages
PM SESSION 1:00PM – 4:30PM:
Day 1 PM: Starry Night Otters & Egg Carton Reef
Day 2 PM: Kandinsky Landscapes & Cubism Silhouettes
Day 3 PM: Painted Cardboard Stacked House City & Paint the City Skyline
Day 4 PM: Oversized Cat or Bird Collage & Bean Mosaics
Day 5 PM: Absurd Bird Paper Sculptures & Cubism by Color
*Projects subject to change
Scholarships for camps are available here.
Session Schedule AM or PM:
30 min Check in and name tags- Construction station open
30 min Unstructured time- smaller projects and open choice
30 min Play outside time- flying paper objects and scavenger hunts, visit Philomath Elementary playground
30 min Bio Break & Snack
1 hour Structured time- 45 min lesson and stations
15 min Free play project stations
15 min Clean up & Pack
What You Need to Know
1. RAIN- Please wear a protective rain coat layer. It may rain and we will want to walk outside to do a scavenger hunt and to play outside with our flying paper creations. We can visit the school playground on nice days.
2. WATER BOTTLE- please bring a labeled water bottle
3. LUNCH IS NOT PROVIDED- please bring packed lunch if you are in the AM session OR doing all day sessions.
4. SNACKS PROVIDED- snacks will be provided. If you have allergies we need to know about, please alert us as soon as possible.
5. PICK UP/DROP OFF- Please allow time to park and sign in. The 12:30 window may be more congested for parking along the street.
6. FORMS- If you have not picked up your forms or filled out forms in 2023, there will be copies available in the studio. We require paperwork be turned in before you leave. Please allow time for you to fill them out or bring them filled out.
– Covid Release
– Liability Agreement
– Photo Release
7. DOORS OPEN/CLOSE- We did not have any extended care sign ups at this time so our doors will open at 8:15 am. Please allow staff to prepare for the day by coming prepared and waiting until the doors are unlocked. Doors will close at 4:45pm after pick up.
8. EXTENDED CARE- no extended care is offered.